Muzeul George Enescu


Architectural monument, Cantacuzino Palace, was built between 1898-1900. Until 1937, when he became a great musician house, the building had various destinations. In 1967, Maria Cantacuzino-Enescu, widow of George Enescu, donate the property. There are manuscripts compositions of George Enescu, violins and pianos its original furniture, library music, paintings, engravings, decorative art objects, letters, programs, chronicles, photographs, documents related activity of the musician.
For the decoration of the building, and he has assured the collaboration of renowned artists of the time - G. D. Mirea, Vermont and Nicolae Petrescu Costin for wall paintings, architect Emil Wilhelm Becker for sculptures and sculptural ornaments, House Krieger in Paris for decoration interior ( lamps, glass windows, etc.). Royal Couple Enescu lived between 1945-1946, the house behind the palace, originally intended for the administration building.